Embracing A Journey of Resilience And Gratitude


Glad to come your way again, friends! Trust you and your family have been doing great and having a great week.

Today marks the 7th year anniversary of passing to glory of my dear husband. It was just like yesterday when the whole incident happened. I thank the Lord who has kept me and my children, and has led us, and continue to lead us in the way of life and fulfillment.

I met my husband at my workplace in the year 1990, and ever since then, it has been a journey of love and fulfillment. I knew my husband (Joshua Adeyemi Olojo) as an honest, meticulous, diligent, caring, loving, and God-fearing man. He was someone who loved the Lord wholeheartedly and loved people also. He instilled the habit of serving the Lord in his children, and made it a family tradition for us to always have daily devotion and go to church.

On September 11, 2001, when the World Trade Center was attacked by the Islamic terrorists, my husband was caught in the building, and he nearly died in the incident. Thank God he survived. He had an additional fifteen years to live.

The fifteen years have been some of the most remarkable years of my life, including my children. 

And after his demise, a whole new chapter of my life began. I was going through a difficult situation that was hard for me to understand. It was the darkest moment of my life. People were around me but I still felt alone. They supported me, but I still felt my missing part. My husband is gone for life. I wept and wept.

After a while, the Spirit of the Lord began to console me. He started to heal me from the inside. I began to realize the goodness of the Lord and His mercy. I began to remember His promises and words. I began to recount His love and abundant grace.

Seven years after my husband passed, I have seen the goodness of the Lord. I have seen His mighty hands working great things in my life and the lives of my children. I have seen His mercy and compassion. His Spirit has continued to comfort and guide me. 

He has continued to lead and direct me. He has continued to protect and provide for me. That even though I go through the waters, He’s always there with me and for me. And He will always make a way out of every difficult situation.

For this, I’m grateful. For this, I’m glad. I thank the Lord and I thank His people who have been His great instruments of peace and support in my life. I thank God for my children, my family, my friends, and all my well-wishers. I say, God will continue to bless you and make you succeed in all you do.

God bless you, and have a great week!

I made a video a year ago, sharing my story. You can watch it here: My Story and Lessons

To read the previous article, please click on this link: The Origins of Our Dissatisfactions

You can also check out these posts:
1. 6 Years Remembrance of My Dear Husband

Comments

  1. Happy Remembrance days of your lovely Husband.
    The good Lord will continue to upholds you and your entire family in Jesus name.Shalom Shalom Shalom

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God continue to strengthen you mummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Joy of the Lord will continue to be your strength, God is with you always. ShalomπŸ™πŸΎπŸ’–

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lord is Faithful!
    He’s promised not to leave you nor forsake you! May He continue to uphold you and your children, till we meet my brother even at the feet of Jesus Christ, Our Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I’m grateful.

      Delete
  5. Didun didun ni iranti eniyan rere.
    Thank God for your life and that of your children for holding forth.
    May His grace be multiplied upon you ALL πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lord who has been your help will never leave Ymir forsake. He will be with you and your children to the very end in Jesus Name. Keep on holding the faith because God is with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wrong spelling of you of the above text - should be you instead of Ymir. Disregard typo error.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turning 60 – How It Feels Like!

Welcome to 2024, Friends!