6 Years Remembrance of My Dear Husband


Hello friends! Happy new month. Hope this week has been an amazing one for you. I pray you have good things to share this month. 

Today, I want to share few things about my husband.

His name is Joshua Olojo. My dear husband, and the father of my children. He would always be remembered and celebrated for who he was and what he lived for. 

Exactly six years ago, I lost him. Even though at first I didn’t believe it, but reality later dawned on me and I realized I had to take responsibility and care for my children. 

I cried! I mourned! And I suffered all the agony and pains that a woman who just lost her husband would do.

Fast forward to today, I give all glory to God who has been by my side. He comforted me and brought great people to me. He has been the one helping me all through the journey and guiding me and my children through the wilderness.

Today, I’m celebrate the grace of God in the life of my husband. A man who was like no other. A great husband, a caring father.

When I remember the things he has done, and all the moments when had together, I can’t but say I’m grateful. I saw humility in person. I saw love displayed. I also saw a responsible and gentleman. One who doesn’t joke with the education of his children. He protected his family. And did all the needful. His in-laws are forever proud of him, and grateful that I married such a man.

He was a man who cared about people. My husband would call everyone he knew on this earth. And you would think he was just doing it for himself or what he wants from them. But he was doing it because he has great heart for people. 

He was a man whom I saw genuinely loved people. He was not an hypocrite or doing eye service. He was truly genuine in his heart. His heart and love for people made him to accommodate people’s doings and easy to forgive. 

When we had misunderstandings, he was quick to forgive, even when I’m not ready to. At times, when I’m the one at fault, he would still come back to beg me, and want us to reconcile. He was such a graceful man.

My children also have couple of things to say about their father.

"When thinking of the memories that my dad and I had while he was alive, the best memories were of those that he would sit down and watch the world cup with me, listen to Bob Marley, Ebenezer obey and all the old tracks of the old days, knowing that those were my favorite things to do. In addition to this, I valued how much my dad cared for and supported the education of all of his kids. This is because he was a meticulous man, very detailed, spoke the best grammatical English any man could ever speak and he cared so much about education. In fact, I loved how he would sit with me to help me study for exams, take care of applications needed to be submitted and so many more things related to education.

When thinking about the great memories, I had with my dad, I remembered how we would talk in the living room about his favorite tv shows, his many fun times in college, his first years of dating my mom and how he made me promise never to tell her some of the tricks he used to lure her in without her even noticing it. Surprisingly, these same tricks are some of the things that has helped me to have a wife that I’m married to today. Sorry mom, you’ll never know. Lol

Finally, in thinking about my dad’s legacy, I can only pray that I live up to be three times the man that my dad Joshua Olojo was. I know this is what he would have wanted for all of his kids and I know he is always watching us from heaven and making sure we are doing well. In fact, I promise to love my wife as my dad loved my mom, to be a great father to my future kids as my dad was to all of his kids and most importantly, to impact many lives as my dad did to many lives across the world." ----


"I can’t believe it’s been 6 years since losing my dad. It still feels like it happened yesterday. The reason being that I’m still trying my best to hold on to him and my cherished memories of him. It does sadden me that as each day that passes turns into weeks, which turn into months, and by the time I know it, another year has gone by without my rock, my father.

However, what has humbled me and made me grateful during these years is knowing that my family and I enjoyed getting to know each other for fifteen additional years after he survived the attacks on 9/11. My dad has taught me so much and I’m so happy to say that his mindset, teachings, and principles are being carried out through me. I vow to continue to make him proud each year that I continue to live without him. He will forever be my first love and guardian angel." ----


"When it comes to my dad, I really have to ask myself, "where do I start?" This is a cliché saying, but my position on it differs. My father can be positively remembered from every aspect of life. However to keep it brief, I want to express about the comedic side of Joshua Olojo. Contrary to most people, my dad always attempted to keep a serious demeanor, just as any other heavily motivated individual. 

As growing adolescents, my siblings and I never understood why he was that way and would always try to bring humor to his forefront. No matter how funny the joke was to him, the most you would observe from him was his attempt to hold his laugh. In other words, the bottom half of his face would be smiling and the upper half would still be in serious mode! This facial expression was more than satisfying amongst me and my siblings.
I still miss him the same way I did since the day he left us to join our Creator. He was and is still loved by many! We give all glory to God." ---


Tomorrow, 7th of November 2022, would be exactly 6 years that he passed on to glory. And on this day, I would be doing a program online to celebrate him. It would be on Google meet and the link would be shared below. 

I want to use that opportunity to share more about my experience and few things that I've learned through this journey. I would also mention few things that can help people who are going through the grief and mourning of their loved ones. 

More so, there would always be opportunity to ask questions and discuss different things pertaining to widowhood and taking care of children and family.

Everyone is invited. The link would be shared here and online, and you can connect and share with your family and friends. God bless you and see you online tomorrow.

Program Details
Date: 7th of November, 2022.
Location: Google Meet Link https://meet.google.com/cuc-ghdu-ont
Time: 12:45pm (US Time), 6:45pm (Nigerian Time)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning 60 – How It Feels Like!

Embracing A Journey of Resilience And Gratitude

Welcome to 2024, Friends!