Be Kind!


Top of the weekend to you friends. Hope your week has been great. Many things happened this week. One of them is related to the topic I want to share today. It is about being kind

Just at the beginning of the week, I was at my workplace. Then someone called me. He said he called about the meeting that I was supposed to participate in. Using the backdrop of the previous discussion I had with someone I knew, I thought it was from that person. So, I wouldn’t hesitate to believe what this guy was saying.

Then he told me to call for him a code that he sent to my phone. Not knowing what he was planning to do. On calling that code for him, he just hacked my WhatsApp account. I didn’t know anything. As I was on the call, I was busy with work. So, I told him I would call him back. But he kept pestering me with calls. 

Few hours later, then I started receiving calls from people, family and friends. They told me it seems someone has hacked into my WhatsApp account because they received message from me, asking them to send some money to a certain account. For sure, they knew it won't be me. But they just wanted to confirm. I thank God they did. 

The guy has been sending fraudulent messages to people, asking them to donate money. I was absolutely shocked to hear about this, and the moment I started receiving calls from people about my WhatsApp account being hacked, I felt vulnerable and exposed. I felt someone has robbed me of my possession and prestige. 

“How could someone have done this.” I lamented. People asked me to block the account and take all the necessary steps. I did. Thanks to everyone for your concern. I’ve rectified the problem and everything will soon be okay.

But I can’t just stop thinking about this incident. It’s like I was in a dream. I’ve heard many times of accounts being hacked, but I didn’t know this is how it could be. When I hear, I could only imagine the impact such horrible act would have on people’s minds. And when I experienced it myself, it wasn't a good feeling. 

Throughout that day, I felt bad. I wondered why couldn’t people just be kind? Why can’t they just be good? Of what good/benefit will it be for someone to steal another person’s account and use it to make money for themselves? Do they think that money will be used for something good? No, it won’t be. Whatever riches that is gathered by crooked way will surely disappear.

For those who are doing wrong things, please stop before nemesis will catch on you, or you will reap bad fruits. Wickedness doesn’t pay. Impersonation doesn’t pay. Robbing Peter to pay Paul doesn’t pay. 

If one keeps doing what is not right, thinking people do not see them. They should remember, God sees them, and He’s watching every heart. And the time they have to be hacking people’s accounts and doing what is not right, why not use it for something good? Why not do good and be kind to their fellow human beings? 

That was my experience this week and it thought me a lesson. Please, if anyone is asking you for money, don't answer them, if you don't personally know them. There are many crooks now in the world. I pray we will not be a victim of their antics. 

Till next week that we'll meet again, have a blessed week!

To read the previous article, please click on this link: Who Are You?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turning 60 – How It Feels Like!

Embracing A Journey of Resilience And Gratitude

Welcome to 2024, Friends!