The Experience I've Never Had


Dear friends! Welcome back. Hope your week has been great and having a wonderful time.

Summer is here. And thank God for the good weather. This is a time when we go out more and do some nice things. Some of us go on vacation. Some go on shopping. Some just stay at home and have some rest. Whichever way, the important thing is to enjoy the moment and thank God for the gift of life.

This year, I was cheered by my children and family friend to travel to Dubai. I’m not the type that likes traveling, especially when the reasons are not strong enough.

But this year, everyone was saying I must go on vacation. So, I decided to go to Dubai with some group of friends. There were lots of preparation for the journey. I had to do all the women things and get my mind prepared.

Eventually, we moved, and after 13 hours in the air, we landed in Dubai. Starting from the airport, my mind began to change about my perception of the city. I was stunned. Literally speechless!

It was as though I was in heaven or at least in another world. Everything was super amazing and I wondered the extent at which some people have developed themselves and their nation. I was in Dubai— the talk of the town.

I was wondering everyone was talking about 'go to Dubai', 'go to Dubai'. And I asked, 'what is it about this Dubai?' When I got there, I was convinced myself. I was so impressed and amazed by what I saw. The people, the environment, the skyscrapers, the finishing touches, the perfections, are so mind-blowing.

I wished I could carry everyone who has never been there to go see the beauty of life and the miracle of human mind. How some people could just sit down and design heaven on earth for themselves.

As I was moving around, seeing all the amazing things, I was asking myself, what exactly has helped this people to develop, and what is that one thing that distinguishes them from the others?

When it comes to modesty, hospitality, discipline, and sincerity, this people are far beyond average. Nobody steals anything. You can literally leave your things anywhere and still find them the way you left them. You can walk comfortably on the street anytime without any fear of attack or insult. The people and the environment are so nice, that anyone would love to live and work there.

I asked the people who we were moving together about their impression of the city and they all mentioned amazing things.

If I were to judge by my own little mind what has helped this people developed, I would say it is determination. The determination of the leader and his people to change their nation for good and make it what everyone would love. 

When the man, Obeid bin Said, the first ruler of Dubai created the emirate, it was just a rural area in a desert with a small river. Ten generations after, the city has become the wonder of the world.  



In Dubai, everyone is working, both the young and the old. Nobody is sitting, looking at others or loitering around. Everyone is busy, doing something meaningful and adding value to the system. That’s the secret.

Whatever is working is working because people are making it to work. Not angels. Not gods. People. Human beings like us. Are making things to work.

All the amazing things that I saw in that place were done by the people. And when you move around, you will see people doing those things. 

From the cleaners, to the builders, to the architects, to the people working in offices and industries, everyone is doing something. There is a sign of seriousness and diligence in everyone. 

In one of the great quotes of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum (the current ruler of Dubai), he said —“Every challenge is an opportunity for learning, a chance to test our capabilities and knowledge.” Looking at what I’ve seen, I can say this is what this people have done!

And I say for us to change anything, we must first be determined to change it and put in the hard work. That is the secret. And that is what will make our nation great. I pray we will be able to make our own contribution in our lifetime and make our nations great. 

God bless you and have a wonderful weekend. 

To check my previous article, kindly follow this link: https://abiolagold.blogspot.com/2022/06/expecting-unexpected.html

Comments

  1. You are so right Ma. Unity of mind and purpose are catalysts for growth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turning 60 – How It Feels Like!

Embracing A Journey of Resilience And Gratitude

Welcome to 2024, Friends!