Q&A –"How Do You Keep Fit And Stay In Shape Despite Many Temptations to Eat Junk Foods?"


Welcome back friends. Trust your week has been great and you’ve been in good health. Thank God for His goodness.

From today, I want to start a question and answer series where I will be answering some of the questions that people ask me. I hope this will benefit you and we will have a great time.

Someone asked – "How do you keep fit and stay in shape despite many temptations on eating junks?" So, the answer is simple – I pay attention to couple of things.

First, I make sure I’m conscious of what I eat. This is very important because most times we have temptation to eat junk. I do sometimes too. But I make sure I don’t go back or eat in excess. Eating junks once in a while will not cause problem to our body, but making it our diet will. So, I make sure I regulate my diet. I plan what I eat. And I make it a lifestyle.

I eat food rich in fiber like oatmeal, whole grains and vegetables. I also eat fish, less meat, more salad and lots of water.

I do intermittent fasting and I stay away from sugar and bad fat. In-between, I go for regular check-ups and adjust my diet based on the results.

More so, when it comes to keeping fit and staying in shape, I pay attention to my lifestyle. I often make sure I don’t sit down in one place for a long time. I’m always active. I go to the gym. I take a walk. And sometimes, I go for Zumba dance. I make sure I’m active for most parts of my day, and it helps me a lot. 

Another thing about keeping fit and staying in shape is managing stress as much as possible. So, there are many times that we go through stress in a day, and if we are not careful, the stress could overwhelm us or wear us out. So, what I do is to find ways to manage the stress. I try to rest as much as possible. Also, I unwind by talking with family and friends. I also watch programs and stay relaxed on my bed for some time.

The last but not the least thing I do is body hygiene. I make sure I take care of my body. I use good and clean materials. They don’t even have to be expensive. They just have to be hygienic. This will help prevent diseases and infections that could creep in through bad hygiene.

Taking care of the clothes I wear, the brush I use, the bathing soap, the sponge, and other products that I use for my body.

Also, I make sure the kitchen and all the equipment I use for serving food are clean. The bedroom, living room and dining room are not exempted. Everywhere must be clean and hygienic. That for me, is good health. And I believe all these will foster wellness and keep us in good shape.

It is also good if we have some kind of sport at home. It could be a gym equipment, a skipping rope, indoor games, or any other thing that could keep us active or engaged for the day.

So, I hope those ideas could help. I know they are not something new, but it’s good to be reminded of them and keep applying them to have good results. I pray you enjoy good health and a safe and sound body. Have a blessed weekend.

Much love!

To read the previous article, please click on this link: It's Time to Clean Up

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turning 60 – How It Feels Like!

Embracing A Journey of Resilience And Gratitude

Welcome to 2024, Friends!