5 Vital Lessons I Learned In My Marriage - (Part 2)


Hello my loves, trust this week has been great for you. Thank God for life and good health. I believe this coming new week will be good for us, and we would have great things to share.

I will continue with the vital lessons I've learned in my marriage.

I was in a discussion with one of our sisters and she reminded me of something we had discussed sometimes ago. She said 'it worked'. I wondered what was that. Then, she went ahead and told me. She said I told her to do things with her husband, especially things that he loves to do. She said when she did it, she saw results. 

Her husband’s attitude changed and he began to love her more than before. She was stunned. She also made the same counsel to other women who were having issues in their marriage. They also had results. They wondered what was so special about that – something could be as simple and easy as a piece of cake, and still giving a lot of results.

I found that secret in my marriage long time ago. I realized that when I do things with my husband, he appreciated it more and loved that moment we spent together. When I saw that he loved reading and getting information online about news, I joined him. And he loved it.

At times, he would call me to let’s go watch a program or event. Without hesitation, I would join him. And I saw that he loved it. He was always happy we doing things together. And I was also happy as well, seeing him happy. If I want to make my home peaceful and allow the love of God to reign in my family, I have to learn how to make things work in my family.

And I discovered that part of making things work in my family is to appreciate and give attention to what my spouse does and loves. Apart from the fact that I’ve adapted to a lot of things, I’ve learned to actually put myself in his shoes and love what he loves without coercion or compulsion. 

When we love our spouse, we would love what they do. Even if we don’t love it at first, we can always accommodate and allow those things if they are not bad or have any negative effects on us.

It’s always beautiful to find out what our spouse love, and do it with them. If they love watching sports, watch with them. If they love playing sports or certain instruments, play with them. Whatever they love, love with them. It goes a long way. 

Just like anyone of us would be happy if we see people love what we do –that is the same way our spouse would also be happy when we show interests in what they do. They would appreciate the fact that we give attention to what they love and they would love and care for us more. Because we've actually created a good reason for them to do so. 

I encourage you my dear to try this tip and apply it in your marriage. Many problems would be resolved and it would allow more communication and companionship. Marriage is designed for love and companionship. And so, we must allow everything that would foster that and increase the bonding between us and our spouse. Have a beautiful weekend. 

Much love!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Blessings.

      Delete
  2. It sounds one way? How about the husband finding what you like such as shopping or attending church or special occasions and do it with the wife?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it doesn’t sound one way. You just have to approach such advice with an open mind rather than take a shot at it. After all, it’s working for others.

      Delete
    2. Definitely! What I shared is for both husband and wife. And actually the main gist here is showing interest in what your spouse love, so you can be on the same page and work in unity. Let someone initiate the act, and the other person follow. You know as human beings, we love to reciprocate whatever people do to us.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turning 60 – How It Feels Like!

Embracing A Journey of Resilience And Gratitude

Welcome to 2024, Friends!